Saturday, June 12, 2010

Progress has been Made!

Sorry it has been a while since I have updated my blog on the house. Beto has been out of the country twice since I last posted and so things have been moving slowly. We are now back on track and hopefully things will be moving more quickly. There is now electricity hooked up and Beto has been rewiring the entire house. Today we did some demolishing in the kitchen and discovered bead board on the ceiling and on the walls. I was very excited about the bead board because we won't have to put sheet rock in the kitchen. It should add some character. Next week our friend Francisco will be helping us. We will be widening the entrance between the dining room and kitchen to give it a more open feel. A door will be moved to give more cabinet space and some other things as well. Another big job next week will be installing the central heat and air.
This flip has been a family affair. We just pack up the kids with all their toys and they are right there by our side. They have their own room with a window unit and it stays pretty cool for them. Isaac likes to pretend he is helping and he even has his own small tools. Today he was helping me scrape paper off the walls and I asked him what he was doing. He said "I am crapping the walls with you." He was so proud of himself that he even yelled out to his daddy that he was helping me by crapping the walls. I did finally explain to him that it was scrapping not crapping.
Now that things are moving along I will hopefully do a better job of keeping up this blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment